Most of us could do with revamping our underwear drawer but 9 times out of 10, we leave the shop without buying the bra style that we really need. Not only that but you probably buy the wrong size bra aswell. So how do we get it right?
- Figure out what kind of outfits you’ll be wearing the bra with – is it an everyday bra you’ll wear with work tops for example?
- Look at the colours in your current collection – are you short of a nude coloured bra to wear with white tops or black bras to wear with darker clothes?
- Consider the size of your chest – do you need extra support? Is padding off the list of requirements?
- Get measured by an in-store specialist and remember you may be a different size in every single bra you try on so it’s important to be professionally fitted
- Don’t be tempted to go for the sale rack unless they happen to be selling bras that fit you perfectly. The right bra can change the silhouette of any outfit making you appear slimmer than you really are.
T-Shirt Bras – this is a great one to have in your drawer for everyday wear. They have no seams so you can’t see any lines digging through your top. You won’t even see it through a light t-shirt (hence the name “t-shirt bra”). They are also incredibly comfortable. This is a staple piece for your underwear drawer
Push-Up Bras – will give you added cleavage. They are padded and come in 3 levels of push-up – gentle, moderate or in your face
Balconette Bras – This is a great one to team up with a wide neckline as you won’t be able to see the bra straps. The straps are wide set that form a horizontal neckline – like a balcony
Bandeau Bra – Realistically you aren’t going to get any support from a bandea bra which is basically a strip of stretchy material without cups, straps or back fastening. Some people wear these to bed for a tiny bit of support
Mastectomy Bra – these are especially designed for women who have undergone a mastectomy without breast reconstruction. They have silicone prosthesis in each cup and the super soft fabric makes they extremely comfortable
Minimizer Bra – A great option for bigger busted women who’d like to reduce the size of their chest. They also have added support