Weekdays don’t have to be so stressful! There are ways to make your busy Monday to Friday run far more smoothly for you and all the family. And yes you guessed it, it’s all about getting organized at the weekend.
- Make a shopping list & meal plan – Make sure to get your grocery shopping in on Saturday or at least by Sunday and plan your meals for the coming days. Half the stress of making dinners is not being able to decide what you want and then not having the ingredients
- Cooking – is there anything you could prepare in advance and freeze? Batch cooking will make your week much easier
- Lay out clothes for the family for the week ahead – 7 days worth of clothes washed, dried and ironed. The rest of the laundry can wait
- Update the family calendar with any new appointments
- Make sure all P.E. gear, swimming togs etc are ready for lessons happening in the coming days and leave them in the car on Sunday if you have space – that way you can’t forget them
- Fuel up – fill the car with fuel at the weekend so you aren’t running on fumes during the commute to work
- Call in favours from family, friends & neighbours – could they help with the school run on a Monday for example when you have your weekly early morning management meeting?
- Learn to say “no”. If you are invited to something, instead of always saying “yes”, say you’ll just need to check your diary & will let them know – you need time to breathe even if it means just lounging in front of the telly from time to time. You don’t have to be on the go all the time!
Me-Time Moments brought to you by Fuze Tea