With Christmas just around the corner, no doubt plenty of family members will be travelling home from abroad for the festive season so how can you keep them occupied? When Prince Charles and Camilla came to Ireland, they were shown a big field and a wall but seriously, we think we can do a bit better than that!
Here are a few fun ideas that won’t cost a fortune and are sure to keep your visitors entertained so get planning now !
- Get some fish and chips in McDonaghs, Galway
- Go surfing in Lahinch
- A night out in Copper Face Jacks, Dublin
- Karaoke in Ukiyo Bar on Exchequer Street in Dublin
- Stalk Bono up Killiney Hill
- Visit Father Ted’s parochial house in Co.Clare / Go to Ted Fest
- Go cave camping in Donegal
- A tour of Mountjoy prison!
- Hop on a Dublin bike and whizz around the city
- A rugby match at Thomond Park, Limerick
- Head to a GAA match in Croker
- Head off to Inishboffin
- A comedy gig at Vicar Street
- Do the Viking Splash Tour
- A day’s racing in Modello / Go go-karting
- A ride on the Dursey Island Cable Car - however, Islanders, animals and cargo get first preference according to their sign. There are approx 10 people living on the island