With the freezing weather and central heating on all day, now is the time of year to change up your skincare routine. Each season brings a different skincare issue and in winter, the top layers of our skin are constantly changing. We need to cling onto our natural protective barrier which is where your skincare routine comes in, in particular if you are fond of a tipple around the party season which can also dehydrate the skin.
In the cold weather, you may notice
- skin flakiness
- dull skin
- tight skin
So how do we resolve this?
- Introduce a thicker moisturiser with a creamy consistency
- Add in a serum to your regime – a hydrating serum is a higher concentrated liquid or cream. This can be used morning and night. Your night-time serum may be slightly heavier. You can still use foundation over your serum
- Use products containing Hyaluronic Acid (this is like water for your skin)
- If you use a foamy cleanser, use a creamier cleanser
- Drink more water – this is key
- Add a good quality Omega supplement to feed the skin from within – available from any health shop
Tips from www.glamazon.ie